Open all year round, our on-site student residence provides safe, comfortable and spacious accommodation for students (dormitories) and group leaders (individual en-suite).
- Male & female dormitories on separate floors with coded door entry
- Lockers for students’ valuables
- 72-bed residence on-site : 6 to 8 bed dorms
- 5 individual en-suite rooms for leaders
Groups can benefit from the following facilities:
- School/residence next to medical centre and transport links
- 24-hour supervision by Broadstairs English Centre staff
- Individual en-suite rooms for group leaders
- Healthy breakfast and dinners (packed or hot lunches available with full board options)
- Games area with pool table and table tennis
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the residence the residence and school
BEC Residential Catering (residential students only)
Hot lunches are freshly prepared on-site. Hot lunches are served in our dining area between 12.30 and 13.45. We can cater for students with special dietary requirements.
Having a good relationship with our homestay providers means that they offer the best service for our guests: a warm welcome, clean and comfortable accommodation, varied and tasty meals, and an interest in what our students are doing. The majority of hosts are within walking distance. Those who live a bit further out drive students to and from school.
Our innovative HELP training introduces homestay providers to the teaching techniques and concepts we use in the classroom such as:
- Asking open questions not closed questions
- Allowing enough time to answer questions
- Being aware of idioms, phrasal verbs and using accessible English
- Making sure students ask questions as well as answer them
- Asking students to ask each other questions and talk about each other
As well as facilitating conversation, this training makes our homestay providers feel part of the BEC team, which has a positive effect on their role. We also run social activities for our providers throughout the year.